Thursday 2 April 2015

Magnitone - The 7 Day Challenge






So if you read my Blogger's Fashion Week with Bloggers Love post, you'd have seen that one of the amazing products I was gifted at the event was a Magnitone Lucid (Limited Edition by Pixie Lott) 

If like me you read a lot of blogs, you would have heard amazing things about this product, which is why I was so stoked to get a chance to talk to the ladies behind the brand and find out what all the fuss was all about. Gina Akers was so lovely, and explained the science and technology behind the brand thoroughly. 

For some reason, I'd always imagined the bristles on the Magnitone products to be quite stiff, but I was so surprised at how soft and gentle they were on your skin. Gina gave us a demonstration and I was hooked instantly. 

My skin has been bugging me a lot recently. It can go from oily to dry very quickly, and I struggle to find products that don't clash with my skin's behavior. Recently, my T-Zone has been really dry, and no amount of exfoliating and moisturising seemed to solve the problem. This became a real pain when applying foundation, because no matter how good the quality of the foundation was, it would just cling to the dry patches and look awful. I was in a patchy-skin nightmare. 

I explained all of this to the girls at the Magnitone stand, and they explained that the Magnitone Lucid uses Active Electromagnetic Technology. What this basically means is that it sends electromagnetic vibrations into the skin which unclogs the pores, whilst at the same time sweeping away dry and dead skin cells. It also pulsates 10,000 times per minute. My bare hands and an exfoliating scrub just can't compete with that. 

So today is the 7th day that I've been using the Magnitone Lucid, and according to Magnitone's site, in that time I should have noticed a skin transformation. I thought this was codswallop at first, and that no way would I notice a drastic difference in such a short period of time. Especially considering you only use the product on your face for one minute, twice a day. 

BUT, I was well and truly wrong. The dry patches in my T-Zone have practically vanished, and my skin seems to have more life to it. It's dewy rather than greasy, and flushed with a natural glow rather than a matte dullness. The effects of the moisturising / toning products I've been applying to my skin for months are more noticeable and last longer too. As a result, my make-up sits better on my skin. If these are the results after only 7
 days, then I'm expecting things to only get better. 

It's not just the effects on the skin that are great about this product. A lot of thought has gone into the design to make it as easy and convenient as possible. It's entirely waterproof, allowing for use in the shower. Because of this, there are no insert points for a charger. Instead, the product charges through an electro-magnetic pod that's connected to the mains, allowing for the product to be used wirelessly once fully charged. 

My favourite feature however, is the bleeps that tell you when to move on to another area of your face. You're only meant to spend a minute using the product, starting on your forehead for 20 seconds, your cheeks for 10 seconds each, and your chin and nose for 20 seconds. The bleeps between each area mean you don't even have to pay attention to how long you're using it . After a minute's up, the product switches off automatically. Genius. 




No comments :

Post a Comment