Monday 9 March 2015

An Important Two Weeks Ahead


So today is a bit of a big day for me. 

For the next two weeks, I will be doing some work experience at Northern & Shell, which is the publication house for the New, Star and OK! magazines. I'll be working in the fashion departments and learning lots about working in such an environment. 

This is a pretty big deal for me. Since volunteering as editor-in-chief for my 6th form magazine, I've known this is what I want to do, and despite my lack of a formal fashion / journalism education, I've spent a good 5 years getting stuck in and contributing to as many publications / websites / blogs  as possible. 

That, in fact, was the original purpose of this blog; to get into the habit of coming up with interesting and well written content whilst targeting a specific audience. To be honest, in just a matter of weeks this blog became so much more than that and it is now my virtual, online baby that takes up every bit of mind space that I have. 

I really don't know what to expect from the next two weeks, but whatever happens, I know I'll come away having learnt some valuable things and met some awesome people,. 

This post isn't for me to blab gormlessly about the whole thing, but to let you guys know that it may be a little bit quiet on here for a while. I have no idea how busy I'm going to be and what my hours are so content may be a little bit scarce for the next two weeks. 

I do have a post or two ready for the next few days, and I am hoping, if I have time, to update you guys on how the work experience process is going in the hopes of helping anyone out there who is looking to do the same kind of thing. If that's the case watch this space because even if I don't post about it in the next two weeks, I definitely will once it's all over. 

Wish me luck guys!



3 comments :

  1. Best of luck! Good to see that another purple haired person is getting where they want to go professionally! Hope it it's an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Sounds like an amazing opportunity :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck girl! By the way your hair colour is pretty incredible!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete